Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yahiah

I have tuition credits from Ontario that I wanted to transfer over to Quebec. How do I do that?

1 Reply

I have tuition credits from Ontario that I wanted to transfer over to Quebec. How do I do that?

If you moved to Quebec from any other province, you can only claim unused federal tuition fees from previous years, not any provincial tuition or any education or textbook amounts.

For the unused Quebec tuition amounts at the 8% rate you would enter tuition amounts shown on your T2202A slips for 2013 and later tax years that haven't been deducted federally in a previous year.

For the unused Quebec tuition amounts at 20% rate you would enter tuition amounts shown on your T2202A slips for the 1997 to 2012 taxation years that have not been deducted federally in a previous year 

The total entered as unused tuition fees cannot exceed the federal amount of tuition carried forward shown on your assessment notice.

If you require further assistance please contact our phone support team or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter.

Thank you for using TurboTax.