Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rudomug

I'm a newcomer (arrived Dec2023) I shouldnt have any taxable income as all was earned prior to residency and treaties in place. I have also been in ON less than 180 days.

Turbotax keeps calculating $750 Ontario Health tax but this should not be applicable, unless the system has calculated I have taxable income. This is incorrect given the following:
-I became resident in canada Dec 2023
-I have been a ON resident less than 180 days
-Income earned from two countries with treaties with Canada.
-I was in canada less than 30 days before the end of the tax year, and earned $0.
3 Replies

I'm a newcomer (arrived Dec2023) I shouldnt have any taxable income as all was earned prior to residency and treaties in place. I have also been in ON less than 180 days.

As per the Canada Revenu Agency please read the following: Who needs to complete a tax return.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

rudomug

This was not my question. I am aware that I must file and the rules. The issue is that the software is reading worldwide income from treaty nations, as taxable. It should not be taxable.

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. 

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.