Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm claiming tuition but it is not showing in the "claimed for 2018" rather as my carry forward amount, I feel like its an error, how can I fix this?

I have filled in my tuition claimed amount from my T2202A and gone forward to the summary where it says that my "Claimed for 2018" amount is zero, despite entering all the information correctly.  It shows the full amount of claimable tuition in the carry forward field instead of what I can claim this year being deducted from that total.  I feel like there is an error and therefore if I submit my taxes they will be incorrect as I should be claiming an actual amount for my tuition.  Please help me, I feel like this is a product error as I have gone over all the information multiple times and it is all entered correctly. 

1 Reply

I'm claiming tuition but it is not showing in the "claimed for 2018" rather as my carry forward amount, I feel like its an error, how can I fix this?

If you do not need to use your Tuition Credits to reduce your tax payable to zero, the amount you have entered will be carried forward and available for use when needed. 

This is not an error, TurboTax will only apply the credits if you need them. 

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3798733