Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MJD7

I made an RRSP contribution that I do not want to deduct. I want to conserve it for a future year when I am in a higher tax bracket. How do I do this?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I made an RRSP contribution that I do not want to deduct. I want to conserve it for a future year when I am in a higher tax bracket. How do I do this?

In the "Profile" section, there is a checkbox in the RRSP section that allows you to do this. If you check the checkbox for the following question, you will be able to carry forward your RRSPs.

I'd like to carry forward my RRSPs. (Not sure? Don't worry. What you choose here is not final. If you don't need to claim all of your RRSPs, TurboTax will let you know later.)

View solution in original post

1 Reply

In the "Profile" section, there is a checkbox in the RRSP section that allows you to do this. If you check the checkbox for the following question, you will be able to carry forward your RRSPs.

I'd like to carry forward my RRSPs. (Not sure? Don't worry. What you choose here is not final. If you don't need to claim all of your RRSPs, TurboTax will let you know later.)