Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nwilkie

I retired Oct 2015 and in 2016 have withdrawn funds from my RRSP to supplement my income. Which of your software packages do I need? Standard or Premier?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I retired Oct 2015 and in 2016 have withdrawn funds from my RRSP to supplement my income. Which of your software packages do I need? Standard or Premier?

TurboTax Standard should have everything you need.

But, if as you go you enter some information that better aligns with another version, TurboTax will suggest the appropriate upgrade. If you choose to upgrade, you'll just pay the difference, the info you've already entered will transfer to your upgraded version and you can continue your return right where you left off.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

TurboTax Standard should have everything you need.

But, if as you go you enter some information that better aligns with another version, TurboTax will suggest the appropriate upgrade. If you choose to upgrade, you'll just pay the difference, the info you've already entered will transfer to your upgraded version and you can continue your return right where you left off.