Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I turned 65 in May and started collecting CPP but neglected to stop having premiums deducted until after reaching the yearly maximum. Can this overpayment be recovered?

3 Replies

I turned 65 in May and started collecting CPP but neglected to stop having premiums deducted until after reaching the yearly maximum. Can this overpayment be recovered?

Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

I'm using the online version.

To let TurboTax Online know you have made the election to stop contributing to CPP, you’ll need to go to the T4A(P) page and say Yes to having completed form CPT30. It will then ask you for the date you made the election. Then when you click “Continue”, TurboTax will calculate the extra you paid and add it to your refund or subtract it from what you owe.