Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I used to receive a net refund each year of $75 (mincome-CPP/OAS/supplement) Not this year-why? Am I missing something?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I used to receive a net refund each year of $75 (mincome-CPP/OAS/supplement) Not this year-why? Am I missing something?

The BC Sales Tax Credit is a refundable tax credit of $75.00 available to low-income taxpayers who reside in the province of BC. 

The income levels for this credit have not changed since 2013 and the credit is reduced starting at $15,000 for an individual, or $18,000 for a couple. The credit is totally phased out at $18,750 for individuals, and $25,500 for spouses combined.

As the Canada Pension Plan, Old Age Security and Guaranteed Income Supplement rates have increased over the years, many seniors are no longer receiving this credit which is based on these amounts received as income. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

The BC Sales Tax Credit is a refundable tax credit of $75.00 available to low-income taxpayers who reside in the province of BC. 

The income levels for this credit have not changed since 2013 and the credit is reduced starting at $15,000 for an individual, or $18,000 for a couple. The credit is totally phased out at $18,750 for individuals, and $25,500 for spouses combined.

As the Canada Pension Plan, Old Age Security and Guaranteed Income Supplement rates have increased over the years, many seniors are no longer receiving this credit which is based on these amounts received as income. 

This nails it. I did a return for my housemate, income < $11K; he got the $75. My income is a little >$20K; I get 0.