Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bampatzis

If I made a spousal RRSP contribution, can my spouse allocate an amount to HBP repayment?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If I made a spousal RRSP contribution, can my spouse allocate an amount to HBP repayment?

No. Not all contributions you make to your RRSP(s), PRPP, or SPP in the repayment year or in the first 60 days of the year after can be designated as a repayment under the HBP. You cannot designate contributions that you make to your spouse's or common-law partner's RRSP(s) or specified pension plan (SPP) (or that they make to your RRSP)

For further information please click on the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) link below.

How to repay the funds withdrawn from RRSP(s) under the Home Buyers’ Plan (HBP)

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

No. Not all contributions you make to your RRSP(s), PRPP, or SPP in the repayment year or in the first 60 days of the year after can be designated as a repayment under the HBP. You cannot designate contributions that you make to your spouse's or common-law partner's RRSP(s) or specified pension plan (SPP) (or that they make to your RRSP)

For further information please click on the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) link below.

How to repay the funds withdrawn from RRSP(s) under the Home Buyers’ Plan (HBP)

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.