Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
English EN

Pick a language

Canada Français United States of America English
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Incontence pads

My mother refuses to wear diapers, which are an eligible medical expense as she is incontinent.  Can the incontinence pads that she uses qualify as a medical expense?

1 Reply

Incontence pads

On this this Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) page it lists “Catheters, catheter trays, tubing, or other products needed for incontinence caused by illness, injury, or affliction.” as Eligible medical expenses you can claim on your tax return.


If you would like to double-check, you can contact the CRA directly. If you are in Canada or the United States, you can call the CRA at 1-800-959-8281. If you are elsewhere, you can call 613-940-8495. This page has more ways to contact the CRA: Contact the Canada Revenue Agency