Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My daughter is the student and is transferring tuition fees to me thru her S11, but TT has also added a S11 to my return. How do I remove the Schedule 11 from my return?

3 Replies

My daughter is the student and is transferring tuition fees to me thru her S11, but TT has also added a S11 to my return. How do I remove the Schedule 11 from my return?

Is it possible that you added her tuition amounts in your return as if they were your tuition amounts (i.e in the T2202A step) and not as transferred amounts?

Here's how to enter the amounts she's transferring to you in your return: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647703

Yes this is what I did and that is why my question of removing the S11 is what I need to know. I already know how to enter the transferred tuition from my daughter. If I don't remove the existing S11 from my return the calculation of tax owing is skewed. Can someone tell me how to remove the S11 from my own return or should I just start a new return altogether? Thank you

I'm sorry, I don't completely understand. Are you saying you DID enter her amounts from her T2202A in your return? If so, then yes, you should remove it. All you need in your return to claim her transferred amounts is to follow the instructions above.

To remove the T2202A entry, navigate to where they were entered, clear the values (or change them to 0) and then select Continue. This FAQ will guide you to the right spot: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/questions/1190119