Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
furgeld

MY friend had to replay their Employment Insurance benefit from 2018 which she did in 2019. Where on Turbo Tax do I record this as it should be a deduction.

Just need to know where to put the 1100 EI repayment on my friends 2019 tax info
1 Reply

MY friend had to replay their Employment Insurance benefit from 2018 which she did in 2019. Where on Turbo Tax do I record this as it should be a deduction.

You will enter the amount repaid (found on the T4E) by going to the left menu in your return under Income then T slips then T4E. Once there you will enter all the information and our TurboTax software will place it in your return accordingly.

As per the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) When you repay money towards an outstanding EI debt, you claim the repayment amount on your tax return for the year that you repaid the money. The repayment information is in box 26 of your T4E. For example, in March 2021 you were notified that you owe $100 because you were overpaid EI benefits in 2018. You repaid that amount in May 2021. Therefore, box 26 of your 2021 T4E will show the $100 repayment and your 2018 T4E won’t change.

Please follow this Canada Revenue Agency for guidance on how to enter the information from your T4E slip: Statement of Employment Insurance and Other Benefit 

Thank you for using TurboTax.