Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My wife has phantom pension income?

My wife and I returned to Canada after 10 years in Australia on March 27, 2014. I have found it difficult to find where I can enter data from NR5 receipts and I was upgraded to TurboTax Premier (Online) when I tried to enter our interest income from Australia (Their taxation year is July 1 - June 30). Now there is $10,583 additional pension income stuck in the system somehow. I have tried to cancel each and every receipt and even to change my status to single and only succeeded in reducing her income to the fictitious $10,583. Can my account be set back to default so I can start again?  

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You will need to begin again without using the software carry forward ability.  You can input your carry forwards that you want manually.  That should clear the error.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

You will need to begin again without using the software carry forward ability.  You can input your carry forwards that you want manually.  That should clear the error.

Assuming you know how to start again! I finally figured out that I could start a new return in the Account Manager in the tool menu, but the error persisted. I will try your solution if I can find the option you mentioned and if it doesn't work l will post again. The program has bugs I hope go away in coming years.