Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My wifes pension amounts earned under the review section shows much more than we entered earlier in return. we did not pension income split.

1 Reply

My wifes pension amounts earned under the review section shows much more than we entered earlier in return. we did not pension income split.

If your wife's income is appearing to be much higher than what you have entered, here's some common reasons why this may be.

• You have used the CRA AutoFill my Return (AFR)  to import your tax information and entered the slips manually.
  • You have entered Pension slips on the wrong slip screen. Quite often people will enter their Canada Pension Plan (CPP) and Old Age Security (OAS) benefits on the regular T4A screen. 
    • CPP needs to be entered on the T4A(P) screen
    • OAS needs to be entered on the (T4A(OAS) screen.

You may need to return to each Slip Summary page and double-check the entries. To do so, click on the FIND button in the top right corner and enter the name of the slip you have entered. When you highlight that slip and click GO, you will be taken to a Summary page for that particular slip and able to view the entries by clicking on edit.

If you are still having this issue, please reach out to our Customer Support team for further assistance. You can contact our Support Team by following the link below and in the field that says "Ask your question", type in "your question" and you will be directed to an agent that can assist you. TurboTax Customer Support