Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joshua4

I used turbotax free download version and CRA has told me that I'm a member of a communal organization so my RRSP deduction is disallowed. But I am not. How can I fix it?

I used turbotax free download version for 2018 tax return and CRA said "We disallowed your RRSP deduction. Since you are a member of a communal organization, you cannot contribute to an RRSP.". But I'm not a member of communal organization. I want to adjust or fix this problem so please let me know where I need to change(which line).

2 Replies

I used turbotax free download version and CRA has told me that I'm a member of a communal organization so my RRSP deduction is disallowed. But I am not. How can I fix it?

Do you have a T3 slip on your return? If so, make that you have answered NO to the question “Is Box 26 Communal Income”.

vickiw

Hi, I am having this same issue. I refiled and ensured this spot on my T3 was checked as "no" (even though we had indicated 'no' when first filing) and I get the same message on my NOA. After hours on the phone, the CRA said this is an issue with TurboTax that is sending a message to the CRA indicating this misinformation and that we cannot refile to remove this information. We now have to wait the NOA date for the CRA to manual go and fix this error. Not sure why TurboTax is indicating this, as this greatly affects the tax return value when your RRSP contributions are VOID and adds a big headache to deal with. I hope TurbaTax can look into this and fix this issue.