Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the T4E warning correct if all info is entered as per the form?

8 Replies

If the T4E is for Maternity leave, this warning always comes up. You can ignore it and continue.

I have the same issue. But when I skip and get to the end and try to file using NetFile, it won't let me because I have error. So now I have to mail my return?

michaellord
Returning Member

I have this exact same problem.  There seems to be a defect in the online software.

Turbo tax allows you to ignore the warning, but Netfile won't let you file with an error. Will this be fixed or do we have to mail our returns?

Courant1
Returning Member

Try this: Go to the Summary page where your T4E is listed. Answer YES to the question "Did XXX received EI...".  Answering YES will prompt a question about the amount received: leave this amount at $0 (very important). Save. Following this, I was able to submit my tax report to the CRA electronically.

Courant1
Returning Member

Good luck

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

If you have a RL-6 :  

Removed the amount in Box A of Relevé 6 . You will still have the amount in your QC forms. 

If you don't have a RL-6: 

In the T4E summary page (the next page after you enter your T4E information) > answer No to the question "Did you receive employment insurance maternity or parental benefits in?". 

If you have already answered Yes and added your total amount > You need to go back, change this amount to $0 first then change the answer No. If you change the answer to No without reducing the amount to $0 first, you will still get the error.  

I hope this was helpful

I really could have used this information when I called your customer service and spoke to an agent 6 weeks ago. Nobody there knew what to do. I had to mail it in. I am still waiting for my return 6 weeks later. The reason I pay for TurboTax is for the quick return using Netfile.  It is disappointing that you had known errors preventing NetFile returns and they weren't fixed in a timely manner for tax season. A little more clarity would have gone a long way for my experience.