Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glendallr

T4A (OAS) amounts appear to be listed twice in income summary. It is included under pension as well as other income and therefore total income is inflated. How do I cor

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

T4A (OAS) amounts appear to be listed twice in income summary. It is included under pension as well as other income and therefore total income is inflated. How do I cor

You should have only entered the information for your OAS once, on the T4A(OAS) page. If you have mistakenly entered it on the T4A - Pension, Retirement, Annuities & Other Income page, it will appear as "Other Income" on your return.

You'll need to delete the incorrect entry. Do so by going to Income > T-Slips > T4A - Pension, Retirement, Annuities & Other Income. On this page titled T4A - Summary, delete the incorrect slip.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
glendallr

I have gone through the entire return again and cannot find where this could have happened. Ready to file but don't want to file an incorrect return with an inflated income.
glendallr

I have rechecked from the beginning and cannot find where this mistake occurred. I am ready to file but don't want to file with an incorrect/inflated income amount.

You should have only entered the information for your OAS once, on the T4A(OAS) page. If you have mistakenly entered it on the T4A - Pension, Retirement, Annuities & Other Income page, it will appear as "Other Income" on your return.

You'll need to delete the incorrect entry. Do so by going to Income > T-Slips > T4A - Pension, Retirement, Annuities & Other Income. On this page titled T4A - Summary, delete the incorrect slip.

glendallr

As far as I know I only entered it once on the T4A(OAS) page (don't know how I could have done it twice)  and I entered nothing on the T4A Pension....page. Tried to edit to no avail. Spent over an hour on the phone with a representative trying to correct. In the end, I just started a new return. But thanks so much for your answer.

i have entered my t4A on my return my supplement is coming up on my T4A and also as social assistance the same amount i did not receive social assistance i have gone over my return and i cannot seem to get rid of that amount of 9,234.00 which is bringing my bracket up and will affect my oas next year what to do