Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are "Unused federal & provincial tuition and education amounts from last year" amounts being added into my income total?

This is not an issue we've encountered or had anyone else bring to our attention. This is definitely something we need to look further into for you.

I'm going to direct you towards our Customer Support and someone can assist you with this. Please follow the instructions below:

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3152013

tahminaml

Why are "Unused federal & provincial tuition and education amounts from last year" amounts being added into my income total?

turbo tax is a total scam, they added my unused provincial tuition credits when in fact i dont have any and showed me a refund of $800, and when i filed it with cra, it shows i have a balance owing $983 becuase i dont have any unused tuition credit....where they hell did turbo tax found this unsued tuition credit i have no idea.  turbo tax charged me $120 for nothing...what a huge difference.........it would have been better if i was doing it with wealthsimple for free. they even refuded to refund me......I will negatively write about turbotax everywhere possible becuase of this scam.... I am never going to file with them again.....what a scam company my god. 

Please contact our phone support who can view your screen to see what the issue might be. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.