Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RRSP contribution is deducted by employer and shown on T4 form. I'm using Netfile and synced it with my CRA account. Should I manually enter RRSP if I don't see it there?

1 Reply

RRSP contribution is deducted by employer and shown on T4 form. I'm using Netfile and synced it with my CRA account. Should I manually enter RRSP if I don't see it there?

When you make contributions to an RRSP through your employer, you should receive "two" RRSP Contribution Slips which you will need to enter on your tax return. Anytime you have contributions made to an RRSP, and your employer might "match them", the amount shown in Box 40 of your T4 will be different than the amount actually shown on that RRSP Contribution Slip (or receipt).

You will have a slip for Mar-Dec, and one for the 1st 60 days of this year. These slips are not required to be issued until May 1st, so quite often they are not available when you use CRA's AutoFill service or when you check your online CRA My Account. 

Do not confuse these RRSP Contributions with amounts paid to a Registered Pension Plan (RPP) shown in Box 20 of the T4 slip.