Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T5013 Box 104 is calc'd self-employment income. But 104 income for a limited partner is reported on 12200. Not self employment income and no CPP should be owing. Fix?

As presently written, TurboTax takes any amount in Box 104 in a T5013 (and I assume all the other income boxes, except Box 114 Other Income) and considers it automatically self employment income and includes it on the applicable self employment lines 13500, 13700, 13900, 14100 and 14300. However, if the Box 104 income meets one of  two conditions, namely it is for a limited partner or a partner not actively involved in the partnership and not otherwise involved in a business or profession similar to that carried on by the partnership, then that amount needs to be reported on line 12200.  That is, it is not self employment income and no CPP should be calculated as owing.  At present, the program does not enable me to say I meet the criteria for non self employment income, enter the amount on line 12200 and ignore CPP that would be calculated if it was self employment income.

The issue is spelled out quite well in the CRA guidance on filling out line 12200 (Net Partnership Income (limited or non-active partners only) on the CRA website.
1 Reply

T5013 Box 104 is calc'd self-employment income. But 104 income for a limited partner is reported on 12200. Not self employment income and no CPP should be owing. Fix?

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.