Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
melmasry

I got this error message: "You have chosen to stop contributing to the Canada Pension Plan on your self-employment earnings; but have not made an election on... "

I have TurboTax Home and Business.  I am 67 years old, stopped paying CPP on my birthday in 2017, but I am employed part time and have a private practice part time.  When I tried to file my taxes for 2018 I got the following error message, 'You have chosen to stop contributing to the Canada Pension Plan on your self-employment earnings; but have not made an election on...  "  I had filled 3 forms, a T4 and a T4A(OAS) and a T4A(P).  Please let me know where I went wrong.  Thank you, Mona El-Masry

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I got this error message: "You have chosen to stop contributing to the Canada Pension Plan on your self-employment earnings; but have not made an election on... "

No answer, but

I have a very similar situation, also encountered in the process of filing my 2018 return. The only difference is that I have opted not to make further contributions to CPP. Meanwhile the existence of this "error" is preventing me from NetFiling my return ... and April 30 is drawing near.

Deborah Greene

View solution in original post

2 Replies

No answer, but

I have a very similar situation, also encountered in the process of filing my 2018 return. The only difference is that I have opted not to make further contributions to CPP. Meanwhile the existence of this "error" is preventing me from NetFiling my return ... and April 30 is drawing near.

Deborah Greene

melmasry

Thank you Deborah, I think there is glitch in the program.  I will just print my return and mail it instead of trying to file through Netfile, since April 30 is 2 days away.