Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is the first year I am subject to the Alternative Minimum Tax. I am not sure where to enter amounts? I only have a T3 and RSP Contributions

3 Replies

This is the first year I am subject to the Alternative Minimum Tax. I am not sure where to enter amounts? I only have a T3 and RSP Contributions

To enter the necessary information in the "Alternative Minimum Tax" section in TurboTax. Here are the steps to follow:

1. Log in to your TurboTax account and select the tax return for the relevant tax year

2. Click "Find" on the top-right corner.

3. Search for "Alternative Minimum Tax" and select "Start" to begin.

4.  Follow the prompts to enter your T3 and RSP contribution amounts.

5. TurboTax will calculate the "Alternative Minimum Tax" based on the information you provide, and the program will automatically compare the "Alternative Minimum Tax" amount to your regular income tax liability. 

Note: If you have any other sources of income or deductions that may affect your "Alternative Minimum Tax" liability, TurboTax will prompt you to enter that information as well.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Thanks for your reply, in response to your point #4 (4.  Follow the prompts to enter your T3 and RSP contribution amounts.) Their is no specific prompt to enter the amount from T3 or RSPs. Can you specifically tell me what lines to enter in those amounts? Also which boxes from my T3 to enter?

Thanks

@schickkelly Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?