Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ttlie

MY RRSP CONTRIBUTED 10000$, I LIKE TO CLAIM 2000$ THIS YEAR, WHERE DO I FILL THIS IN TURBOTAX

NOT CLEAR? WHERE TO FILL UP IN THE TURBOTAX FOR THE RRSP CONTRIBUTED 10000$ AND CLAIM ONLY 2000$ ALSO IN THE SAME 2016 YEAR

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

MY RRSP CONTRIBUTED 10000$, I LIKE TO CLAIM 2000$ THIS YEAR, WHERE DO I FILL THIS IN TURBOTAX

For TurboTax Online and Desktop select "RRSP > RRSP Profile", where you would select both Have Unused RRSP Contributions from prior years, and Made RRSP Contributions you wish to carry forward.  The first choice you will report the "Amount B" as reported on your prior year Notice of Assessment in the RRSP Deduction Limit Statement.  The second selection will allow you to claim a lesser amount than the total of the prior contributions not deducted and current year contributions.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

To help you with your problem. Which turbotax product are you using?

For TurboTax Online and Desktop select "RRSP > RRSP Profile", where you would select both Have Unused RRSP Contributions from prior years, and Made RRSP Contributions you wish to carry forward.  The first choice you will report the "Amount B" as reported on your prior year Notice of Assessment in the RRSP Deduction Limit Statement.  The second selection will allow you to claim a lesser amount than the total of the prior contributions not deducted and current year contributions.