Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When we try to claim the B.C Sales Tax credit it says $0 under the provincial summary. Shouldn't it be $150 ($75 each)?

We are married and moved from Alberta to B.C in May 2022. From what I've seen online it looks like we are eligible and should receive $75 each? I click the check boxes that we want to claim it, pick the person we want to claim it (I tried choosing each of us) and it always says $0 under the provincial credit summary.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

When we try to claim the B.C Sales Tax credit it says $0 under the provincial summary. Shouldn't it be $150 ($75 each)?

What is your income? If you have a cohabiting spouse or common-law partner, the credit is reduced by 2% of your family net income over $18,000, so if you have a high enough income, you won't get the credit.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

What is your income? If you have a cohabiting spouse or common-law partner, the credit is reduced by 2% of your family net income over $18,000, so if you have a high enough income, you won't get the credit.

Ahh I misunderstood what it meant by reduces the amount by 2%.

That makes sense, we would've have made enough that it reduced the credit to $0.

Thank you