Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmaustin

Where should I declare income from a Segregated Fund monthly payment?

This fund is run by an insurance company
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Income from non-Registered Segregated funds are reported on a T3 slip (and Relevé 16 in Quebec).

Income from Registered Segregated funds are treated like RRSP withdrawals and reported on T4RSP slips.

You can use the FIND tool to search for “t-slips”, select T-slips from the list & click Go. Check off the slips you need and click the Continue button until you get to the page for that slip.

If you didn’t get any slips, you may want to contact the insurance company and double check that they haven’t just sent them late or are only providing them electronically, etc…

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Did they give you a slip?
rmaustin

No

Income from non-Registered Segregated funds are reported on a T3 slip (and Relevé 16 in Quebec).

Income from Registered Segregated funds are treated like RRSP withdrawals and reported on T4RSP slips.

You can use the FIND tool to search for “t-slips”, select T-slips from the list & click Go. Check off the slips you need and click the Continue button until you get to the page for that slip.

If you didn’t get any slips, you may want to contact the insurance company and double check that they haven’t just sent them late or are only providing them electronically, etc…