Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dome

Why is the Canada training credit amount showing up on my credits and deductions when I am not attending any training?

1 Reply

Why is the Canada training credit amount showing up on my credits and deductions when I am not attending any training?

TurboTax automatically enters the Canada Training Credit because it is a tax credit that eligible taxpayers can claim on their tax return. By entering the credit automatically, TurboTax simplifies the process for taxpayers, ensuring that they do not miss out on claiming the credit and receive the maximum benefit available to them.

To be eligible for the Canada Training Credit, you must be between the ages of 26 and 65 at the end of the tax year, have an annual income of at least $10,000, and have contributed to a Canada Training Credit Account. The credit can be claimed against your federal tax owing and is calculated as the lesser of half of eligible tuition and fees or $250 per year, with a lifetime maximum of $5,000. 

Your latest Notice of Assessment (NOA) will show a Canada Training Credit Limit (CTCL), if you are eligible.

If you are not eligible for Canada Training Credit and still getting the issue,  you can contact TurboTax telephone support for assistance. They can help you review your return and identify any errors. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.