Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
akushner

Why when I enter only part of my 2017 tuition fees for the Manitoba advance tuition fee income tax rebate do I get an error?

Could you please advise where you are at with this fix?  I cannot file my daughters taxes without the fix and in turn we cannot process ours.  Please adivse.

Why when I enter only part of my 2017 tuition fees for the Manitoba advance tuition fee income tax rebate do I get an error?

Checking for an update on this error. If your daughter has transferred tuition to yourself and claimed the transfer on Schedule 11 and the  provincial (MB)schedule 11 you can proceed to file your own tax return. The delay for her Netfile will not impact the processing of your tax return. Marching is done after the tax season automatically by CRA during the summer.

I am receiving the same error message regarding the Manitoba Advance Tuition Fee Rebate as I have tuition expenses from January-May 2017 and from September-December 2017; as such, the total amount I can claim for the Tuition Fee Rebate Advance is NOT my total tuition because the government of Manitoba is phasing this credit out. Is there a fix yet?
d21foster

So TurboTax support, what is happening with this?  So far the error has not been fixed in an update and we haven't heard back on where they are at in fixing it.  How hard is it to change the program to allow any number between 0 and the total tuition for the year so there is no error?  PLEASE let us know what is happening or get it fixed already.

I agree. It would be nice to hear A response instead of NO response, even if that response indicates that no fix is available. Not knowing what is going on makes it difficult to decide on a course of action and it is getting really frustrating.
gilmore1

So as not to hold up the biggest part of the refund, I just deleted the advance rebate claim, netfiled the return and filled out a T1 adjustment request form on the CRA website and mailed it in to amend the return to get the 5% for the advance tuition fee income tax rebate since it's already been over 3 weeks since my initial post. It may take 6 - 8 weeks to get the other part of the refundthis way but I have had the majority of the refund for a week an a half already.

We are sorry that it took so long to solve the problem, but we have just released an update that we believe resolves the issue for TurboTax CD/Download users. Please update your software and try to NETFILE again. If you are using TurboTax Online, we hope to have an update to fix the issue released at the end of next week. 

If you need to manually apply the update: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2868252

If the update still doesnā€™t resolve the issue, please let us know here on the forums or contact our phone support (*Not available for TurboTax Free users*). https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3152013