Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am collecting CPP and OAS, I have been asked by a former employer to return to work. Will that affect my CPP and OAS income?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am collecting CPP and OAS, I have been asked by a former employer to return to work. Will that affect my CPP and OAS income?

It will not affect the CPP and OAS you are already receiving unless you earn more than $72,809.  If you are between 65 and 70 years of age, you will need to ask your employer to fill out a CPT30 election to stop paying CPP, or you will still have to contribute CPP.  You will continue to contribute to EI while employed.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

It will not affect the CPP and OAS you are already receiving unless you earn more than $72,809.  If you are between 65 and 70 years of age, you will need to ask your employer to fill out a CPT30 election to stop paying CPP, or you will still have to contribute CPP.  You will continue to contribute to EI while employed.

susanneca

Yes this was helpful but I am 73 - does my employer still need to fill out a CPT30 election