Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
h1e2r3b

Error message; you must enter your rrsp limit to claim an rrsp contribution. But no contribution was claimed. what do i do now?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Error message; you must enter your rrsp limit to claim an rrsp contribution. But no contribution was claimed. what do i do now?

You should check to see if you have an unused RRSP contribution that came from the AutoFill. You will need to enter the RRSP limit in order to claim it if one was imported.

If you imported your tax information from CRA using AutoFill, any RRSPs they have on file which you have not claimed as a deduction in prior years are imported to your tax return and deducted as an "Unused RRSP Contribution".

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Did you import your information to your tax return with CRA's Autofill?
h1e2r3b

Yes

You should check to see if you have an unused RRSP contribution that came from the AutoFill. You will need to enter the RRSP limit in order to claim it if one was imported.

If you imported your tax information from CRA using AutoFill, any RRSPs they have on file which you have not claimed as a deduction in prior years are imported to your tax return and deducted as an "Unused RRSP Contribution".

h1e2r3b

Thanks.  That may be the correct answer, but I'm a somewhat surprised since I made my last RRSP contribution 20 years ago. I ended up ignoring the error and filed my return a few days ago.