Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099b issues importing

Hello,

I have had problems importing my 1099b from my brokerage account (E*TRADE). I was told I am not the only customer who has this problem. Any idea when this will be fixed? I have lots of stock transactions and I rather not have to input them manually. Thanks
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
TXBH
Level 1

1099b issues importing

I have the same issue (different brokerage) plus TT will not accept credentials to sign in to do the import.  Base on what I read, you have to send a hard copy of your 1099B to the IRS if you enter a summary verison of your 1099B.   

DianeC958
Expert Alumni

1099b issues importing

You can put in summary information for any stock sales where the basis is reported to the IRS and you do not need to mail the 1099-B form to the IRS.  These are stock that are reported with a Code A and Code D.

If you have any stock sales where basis is not reported to the IRS then Yes, you need to send in a copy of your 1099-B if you do not put in each sale of stock individually.

If you need to send in your form 1099-B, you can still efile your return and then you need to use form 8453 to remit your 1099-B form to the IRS.

TurboTax will create the form 8453 for your to remit your 1099-B with.

@TXBH

@jonathanbosco

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
PT313
Returning Member

1099b issues importing

I am using TurboTax Premium 2022. I have problem importing 1099 B from my financial institutes. The message is " there is no tax form available" however, I did see the 1099B form online when log on to my financial institutes!

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

1099b issues importing

This original thread is about E Trade, we were informed this morning that the import issue has been resolved . Please let us know if as of today your issue persists @PT313.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
PT313
Returning Member

1099b issues importing

Yes, my problem was from E*Trade. I updated to the latest TurboTax. It is working now!

Thanks!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies