Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Account locked and then closed with balance on it and unable to retrieve my funds.

I've used this card as a tax refund and my payroll directed deposited there for many years. I mistakenly decided to call and tell them I did not recognize a charge (when in fact i just made a mistake). Immediately recalled them and explained what had happened and not to mark it as identity theft. He went ahead and did so anyways, therefore locking my account. To make matters worse I can't get ahold of a normal person that can seem to help me without giving me a scripted answer. To top it all off they want me to have the originator of the funds to request my money back although half of it had been spent for bills and what not. They wrote and the amount to request the funds and was told that they cannot request partial amounts.... it's been a year and they still can't help me and the originator of the funds is not willing to use more time and resources to help get my money back. I need help and am not made of money, what do I do now?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Account locked and then closed with balance on it and unable to retrieve my funds.

You have not even mentioned what card you are having the problem with.  This is the user forum where we answer questions about income tax returns and how to use the tax software.  We cannot offer any help with sorting out your credit/debit card issues.  Is it a Credit Karma Card?

If so:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/intuit-account/help/is-credit-karma-a-part-of-turbotax/00/2092900

https://support.creditkarma.com/s/

Or is it a TurboTax Visa---the one they used to use before Credit Karma?

No one in this user forum can access your Visa account or help with it. 

For help with your pre-paid Visa card: 

Call  (888) 285-4169

There is a “Help” link in the top corner of the web site for the card:

https://www.turboprepaidcard.intuit.com/

LOST CARD

Ignore the prompt asking for your card number.  Choose #1 for lost, stolen, or cards never received, then choose #2, enter SS# if prompted and continue following the instructions.

The Turbo® Visa® Debit Card is provided by Green Dot Corporation and is issued by Green Dot Bank pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A Inc. Green Dot Corporation is a member service provider for Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC. Visa is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association. Green Dot Bank operates under the following registered trade names: GoBank, Green Dot Bank and Bonneville Bank. All of these registered trade names are used by, and refer to, a single FDIC-insured bank, Green Dot Bank. Deposits under any of these trade names are deposits with Green Dot Bank and are aggregated for deposit insurance coverage. Green Dot is a registered trademark of Green Dot Corporation.

Or.....is it some other card?   Sorry, but this is a matter you must sort out with the credit card company.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

It's was the intuit turbo card. I contacted greendot and they knew nothing about it. I am only here through the app in which I am having the problem. 

Everytime I speak to someone about retrieving the funds from the account, they tell me I must contact the originator of the funds. The said originator is not able to request the funds due to the remaining funds only being partial the amount deposited.  That being said what are the next steps if the call centers solution is not possible but they insist its the only option

TurboTax is not the "originator" of any funds that were sent to your account.  Income tax refunds are paid by the IRS and/or your state.  TurboTax never even touches your refund in any way.   

Your tax refund was not sent to TurboTax.   TurboTax does not handle your refund at all.

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/who-provides-pay-with-my-refund/00/26410

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Correct. The funds left in that account were not from the tax refund. I only used the account that the tax returns are deposited into as my primary checking account. That being said the money in my account was from intuit payroll services in which my company uses as payroll for their employee's. The originator is the one who put the funds Into my account which is either intuit payroll or the company I work for. Neither of which are willing to help. This has been a viscious cycle for over a year now and I just want them to release my money that I earned working my 9-5

So sorry for your problem----but this has nothing to do with income tax refund money  or income tax preparation software.  This is simply not the place for you to obtain help.   We have nothing whatsoever to do with Intuit payroll services here.   

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies