Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Beware - TurboTax 20% email discount does not work

The 20% discount did not work.  I was told I should have had an expert help me. You shouldn't need an expert when you click a link provided by the servicer. I was not going to wait for an expert when trying to get my taxes done. BTW TurboTax has a reputation for such scams.

Screenshot_20240409_105015_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

No one in the user forum can resolve a billing issue.  If you have a question about your TurboTax fees or billing, make sure you use the word “billing” in your request for help.  Do not use the word “refund.”

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

They are not going to make it right. And they are not interested in fixing the email button problem. So I just thought other people should know so they aren't taken by the same trick.

Same. I got 2 different emails offering 20% off and neither of them actually gave the discount and I tried many times. Why bother doing that if you aren’t going to honor it? 

Kate_B

I had the same issue, and could not find an easy way to resolve it. Looking at the question forums, it appears they have done this multiple years in a row. 

I have used TurboTax for many years and not switched due to the convenience of having all of my information in one place. But if they are going to repeatedly and blatantly bait and switch customers, it may be my last year using them.

nutes

Same exact thing happened to me. Very dishonest merchandising!  What a scam! This is the last time that I'll use Turbotax!

emoviatt

Same happened to me. I also submitted a form to request a refund but got an automated response that TurboTax Online does not qualify for the "Satisfaction Guaranteed" pledge. You'd think a business that was just very publicly court ordered to stop deceptive advertizing would be more concerned about something like this.

I 100% feel the same way… too many years of the app back sliding and then they play stupid games like this on their existing customer base

bosstara

Yes, and then when you ask to speak to a person, they do the callback but nobody is there. i waited 4 minutes on a fake callback. No wonder their Trustpilot score is basically 0.

Nikeboi09
Returning Member

I got it to work but it took clearing out the cookies and cache from the web browser and having to click on one of their websites NOT the email to get the 20 percent discount to apply. Extremely frustrating, never again. 

T_T2

Same thing happened to me. I received an email that they can’t credit me the 20% because the online version is not covered by “satisfaction guaranteed”. I will not be using them again. I don’t care how “easy” it is to use their service. They’re totally dishonest. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies