Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Critter-3 is incorrect about the Louisiana Form R-10606! It's NOT an isolated incident. It's 2024 and TurboTax Still Does NOT support this Form

Critter-3 Level 15 is just WRONG about this issue!  This is NOT an isolated incident and I too am SO Po'ed and annoyed with TurboTax NOT supporting Louisiana Form R-10606!  

We relocated to Louisiana 2 years ago.  We too have to provide this form because TurboTax DID NOT do so when we filed 2021 and 2022 Louisiana state taxes through TurboTax.  What a waste of money to use TurboTax Live Assist for Federal, and multiple State Returns!  

BTW - I've called SO many times and have had TurboTax's 'supposed experts' go into my computer and they NEVER know how to do anything.  It's mind boggling that TurboTax says these employees are 'experts'.  

We also pay for Audit Defense annually and since we received a notice from Louisiana, we were able to contact them.  However, Audit Defense CANNOT help audit our returns because of their contract with TurboTax, which means I'd have to use one of TurboTax's 'so-called experts' to amend our returns.  So purchasing Audit Defense THROUGH TurboTax is also a waste of money.  You're better off if receiving a state notice to call Audit Defense then and purchase directly from Audit Defense - don't purchase it through TurboTax.

If TurboTax doesn't have the correct algorithm to support the Louisiana Form R-10606, then TurboTax should NOT allow a customer to pay for and file a Louisiana state tax return with them!  

We will always have California income AND we've been transferred to many different states for my husband's job, hence we've had multiple state returns forever.  We've never had any issues with properly filing state returns until Louisiana.

Also, TurboTax professionals should NOT be responding incorrectly on this Community site as Critter-3 did without correcting. 

TurboTax customers, do not believe what Critter-3 said on this thread.  This is NOT an isolated incident!  DO NOT file your Louisiana state return through TurboTax if you are a full-time resident of Louisiana AND have multiple state returns because TurboTax STILL (Feb 2024) DOES NOT support the Louisiana Form R-10606.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies