Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I connect with a TurboTax Live Agent who is capable of answering my question?

Hello,

I have tried numerous times (at least 5) contacting a Live Agent regarding the same question. Last night I was on a call with one for an hour, at which time I respectfully told her that her time was up. That's not the first time I've spent over an hour with an agent who couldn't help me, despite giving a detailed description of my question in the "Request a Live Agent" box. Each time I have to go through the multiple steps on my shared screen explaining my question and convincing the agent that I have not made an incorrect entry. No Live Agent has been able to answer my question. I have concluded that TurboTax has a very broad definition of the term "Tax Expert." I have also found that some Live Agents are very stubborn about admitting that they are not equipped to answer certain questions and will continue to ramble about irrelevant  aspects of my tax return thinking they are somehow going to stumble upon an answer.  Why won't they just admit they don't know and transfer me to someone who can help me?

Here are my suggestions :

-Establish a time limit. If a Live Agent can not answer a question to the customer's satisfaction within a specified amount of time, have the situation elevated to a more qualified agent.

-Improve the software to recognize the complexity of the customer's return and the type of return and forms they are preparing.  When they request a Live Agent have them connected to someone equipped with the knowledge to assist them.

Please forward to appropriate people and if you have an answer for my initial question please respond.

Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies