Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am getting an error on Form 4562 Line 12 that I cant resolve

I am done with everything, or so I thought. When it runs error check, it comes up with an error on Form 4562 line 12. It says 'The total allowable section 179 shown here does not match the sum of the allowable section 179 deductions entered on each a activity. Please review your entries and allowable section 179 on all activities. See tax help for form 4562 line 12 for details. I check the form but I can see any error. Can anyone tel me how to fix this?
Section 179 error.png 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I've run into the same issue with line 12. Two hours on phone with TT and no resolution. Second call over 45 minutes and rep said not sure if an error and it might just be system glitch so "just file, if it's wrong the IRS will reject it and you can let us know." Not too comfortable with that advice. Screen shot attached. Flagged 4562.png

After finishing my state I was planning on printing to go through with a fine tooth comb and came across the screen where Turbotax allows you to fix the Form 4562 error being flagged.  After the State taxes are done go through the "Review".  After the software analyzes both returns it will bring you to a screen that discusses the 179 allocation. Hit continue. The next screen tells you the max allocation you can use for this year. Enter this amount in the box to correct the number that is populated there to make the correction. Then you will get a "Great News" message that your allocation is right. 😃

Thank goodness!  That worked like a charm.  

I just opened up Turbo Tax and there was an update. After the update, I was able to get past this error. I adjusted my deduction so the boxes matched and it worked. I hope you can resolve yours as well

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies