Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I e-filed only my 2023 federal taxes. Now I nee to file my state tax return but can't find it on Turbo Tax. Help!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

I e-filed only my 2023 federal taxes. Now I nee to file my state tax return but can't find it on Turbo Tax. Help!

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen

Click on Tools

Click on Topic List

Click on State Taxes

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Please see this link for guidance.

Also, make sure you are logged in to the same TurboTax account that was used to prepare your federal tax return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I don't have the "Tax Tools"link on my left side panel

Screen Shot 2024-05-19 at 8.56.46 PM.png

Thank you for the link.  But I have already filed my Fed return and had it accepted.  I still have my problem.

What's on the right side?  Click on Add a State to let you back into your return. 

How to file state after federal

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/e-file/help/how-do-i-e-file-my-state-after-i-already-filed-my-fede...

@BobbyMcGee You are not accessing your 2023 online tax return.

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2023 online tax return.

This what's in the right side. 

Screen Shot 2024-05-19 at 9.19.51 PM.png

As for the link, my Fed return has already been accepted.

Thank you!

I was loggedinto the right place but the button was at the and I was looking for iton the right side panel I showed you;  Also, I was hesitant to click it because I thought it might mran and another state return in addition to the one you've already created.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies