Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I rcvd a 1099-MISC from Meta, but must be fraudulent; I don't know anything about this. How should I report this and where can I adjust the income off?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
LindaS5247
Expert Alumni

I rcvd a 1099-MISC from Meta, but must be fraudulent; I don't know anything about this. How should I report this and where can I adjust the income off?

You need to determine if this form is fraudulent or not.  You should contact the issuer of the Form (Meta) to determine if it is fraudulent or not.  If the form is not fraudulent (like you sold something and they are reporting the income to you) you will have to report this form on your tax return.

You can also report an incorrect Form 1099 to the IRS.  Click here for information on reporting incorrect Form 1099 to the IRS.

You can also call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 for assistance.  You will have to be able to prove the information is not correct on your Form 1099. You will need to provide the IRS with the following information:

• Your personal information such as name, address, SSN,
  • Your payer's name, address, and phone number

The IRS will contact the payer and request the corrected form

Please feel free to come back to TurboTax Community with additional information or questions or click here for help in contacting Turbo Tax Support. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies