Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Morgan Stanley Stock Plan Connect is on the website's list of 1099 partners but not in Turbotax desktop

Has anyone been able to download both pre-merger and post-merger 1099s from Morgan Stanley and E*Trade? I can only import the post-merger one. More detail...

I have two 1099s. One from Morgan Stanley at Work (old name Stock Plan Connect) and one from E*Trade (recent Morgan Stanley acquisition). I can import my E*Trade 1099 just fine, but I can't find a way to import the pre acquisition Morgan Stanley 1099.  "Morgan Stanley Stock Plan Connect" is a partner on Intuit's 1099 partner list web page, but in the desktop software that name does not show up as a partner. So I am unable to import it. Any help is appreciated.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Morgan Stanley Stock Plan Connect is on the website's list of 1099 partners but not in Turbotax desktop

If you are using TurboTax Online, try importing using a different browser.

See the following TurboTax Help articles for potential fixes:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I'm using TT Desktop - not online. "Morgan Stanley Stock Plan Connect" is on TT's website list of 1099 partners. But in desktop, when I try to import a W2, it doesn't show up in the list. Is that a bug? Can they be added back in?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies