Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bkatzer
Returning Member

Oops, it looks like we're missing some of your personal information like state and zip You can go back to My Info and add that information now.

Hello,

Trying to file from Japan.  Did the work around to get the credit card payment to process but I'm getting the above error message after the final check before transmitting.  I have a foreign address and entered it correctly in the form.  Does anyone know how to get around this?  Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

29 Replies
KurtL1
Expert Alumni

Oops, it looks like we're missing some of your personal information like state and zip You can go back to My Info and add that information now.

To make the correction on your mailing address you should:

• On the left side of the screen in the Black box select My Info
  • Toward the bottom of the screen Select Edit on Mailing Address
  • Change the first block to Foreign Address
  • Enter your address

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi there!

I'm having the same problem. The advice given by the other poster doesn't help. I believe it's a glitch.

Last Feb, 2019, I talked to TurboTax support they said it was a glitch and to try again later. I tried today, 12 March 2019 and I'm still getting, "Oops... missing... State and zip.

Here's a link to my post for more detail. Sorry I can't offer a solution. I'm in the same boat. Expact living his dream in Japan. I did the same thing with the Credit Card. I believe that's where the problem is tied to but TurboTax folks just say it's a 'glitch'.

My post:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/re-oops-missing-info-like-state-and-zip-it-s-a-gl...

Same problem here while I was trying to file my tax from Taiwan.

I've sent an email to TT about this issue. 

Hopefully they're gonna solve this soon, hopefully.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@giselle9741020

Please see response from @kalehnhardt2

Something wrong with the link. when I go to @kalehnhardt2  there are no posts list.

@SForrestLO  
Hi, thank you so much for trying to help, but when I went to  @kalehnhardt2, there is not any comment from this person. Is @KurtL1 the correct link?

Could you check it for me? 

Thanks.   

Dear sir,    @KurtL1 

I have followed your instruction, but I still got the same result of

"Oops, it looks like we're missing some of your personal information like state and zip

You can go back to My Info and add that information now."
Kindly advise what else I can do or how can I notify Turbo CS staff to help me with this issue.
KurtL1
Expert Alumni

I am unable to view your return here in the Community to see where you need to make the entry.

To have an Agent look at your return with an Offline Review to answer your question or to schedule a time to talk to an Agent with a Live Review see What is TurboTax Live? - Community.

Hi Filip,

@Fillip 

Could you please advise what you ended up doing since TT didn't solve this issue for you last year?

Did you print out the documents the system prepared for you and filed the hard copies to the US yourself?

It will be so very helpful if you would share your experience. 

Thank you so much in advance.

Hi Giselle,

Yes, I downloaded, then printed out the return and mailed my tax return myself. For me, there was no problem doing it this way.

I can describe my experience with one word, "Frustrating." When I got the "Ooops...." I tired a number of times doing different things to try and resolve the problem. Since I always pay for the support I called TT support two different times over a two week period. They both said that it looks like a glitch and for me to check back. I mention this in a link to another post, I finally tried again about a month later telling them about the problem and that the problem still existed. Got the same reply from TT support, "It must be a glitch".

I'm not going to waste my time and pursue this problem anymore, because as long as I can download my return and print it out and mail it, that's good enough for me.

Just to let you know, I always print and mail my return. For some reason I'm unable to file electronically, eFile whatever it is called. I tried once and the notice came back saying the eFile was rejected. I contacted support and they said it's probably something to do with my foreign address. Since I'm a US Expat living his dream in Japan I don't get a refund nor do I have to pay anything there's no use in using eFile.

Bottom line: I try to not get over frustrated with this. I'm content to download, print and mail my return. I'm in no hurry since there's no refund nor do I have to pay any taxes. Mailing in fine with me.

I have total empathy for you. So my suggestion is, if you're like me, in that you don't get a refund because of the Foreign Income Tax exclusion, not sure how much it is, it's about $100,000. As long as we are making less than that amount we don't have to pay any taxes. So if this is your situation, I'd download, print, and mail the return so you can at least get the filing of your tax return out of the way.

I may plan on trying to finish the 'online filing in our TT dashboard' sometime later, after the Corona Virus has quelled down and possibly contact TT support telling the history of the problem from Feb 2020. When or if I do, I will definitely post my update here.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. If you do have any success with the "Ooops..." problem, please post your experience here. Good luck.

Good morning from Taiwan Filip,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

My experience of this "Oops..." issue is exactly the same as yours.  

I used Facebook to contact TT CS staff and she could not correctly identify the cause of it to resolve it.

Since according to the screenshot of where I was stopped not only showed the "Oops..." but also showed the "Next, let's get you set up for +PLUS BENEFITS," she concluded that it was because I didn't remove the add-on services before paying caused this issue and decided to refund me.

Other than the refund, she suggested that I should open a new account and make sure to un-check the add-on service before paying.

But guess what? When I was at that point, that add-on option wasn't there AT ALL and the total amount (without the add-on) is the SAME as what I was charged for previously.

I did want to give TT a chance one more time before knowing what she troubleshooted was not the cause, and now, I really am considering your advice to file it myself.

Even though I am anticipating a return since it's my first year of being outside of States, I don't want to go over all the trouble again(and not much time left to waste).

Thanks again for your sharing. I will share my experience when I finally get this tax thing done.

Hi, Fillip. I came to this glitch also of not being able to file. I need to print mine anyway, as I owe no taxes, but the Turbo won't even let me access the file to print it. How did you get to print yours??

Thanks for any last minute help!

Hi, Giselle.

Having same problem with TT, where I've paid the TT "Deluxe" fee, but I get to "step 3" and it tells me I have "missing info" but I checked and rechecked -- it's a foreign address, but it's correct, and I used a local phone where needed. However, I was planning to just print & file my return by mail, but I can't even find a way to print mine. Did you find a way to print your tax return from the TT system? 

Hi Robinann443,

Here's how to print out your 2019 Federal Return.

1. log into your TurboTax dashboard.

2. You should see on the left-hand side a black menu bar. Under "Upgrade" you should see, "Tax Tools".

3. Click the Tax Tools "down arrow" you should see a drop-down menu with "Print Center".

4. Click on "Print Center" you should next see a page with a "checkbox" next to 2019 Federal returns.

5. Click on the "Check Box"- three new options will pop-up: Select which forms you'd like to print and download.

- For me, I chose "Just my tax return".

6. Click on "View or print forms" - a window will pop-up that shows your 2019 Federal Tax return all filled out and ready to print.

- I downloaded mine first then I printed it out. This way i had a copy on my computer.

7. IMPORTANT! The mailing instructions are not included. That's the only info that we can't get because of the "Ooops..." No biggie.

Here's the IRS URL that shows which address you should use to mail your return.

(Link will open in a new page)

- In my case, since there were no enclosed payments, just my tax return, I always use the "Austin, TX address.

Good luck. Feel free to post your success or problem here. I'm following this thread too. Hopefully, a TurboTax Expert will get the message to their tech department to fix this glitch.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies