Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Charles Schwab tax forms not importing in TurboTax

Not working on Windows either

It is not resolved the message with my name was autogenerated

The problem is not the Mac and is not TurboTax . The problem has been Schwab.

Try this:

Step 1: Log in to schwab.com with your browser. Do not autofill with a password manager. Copy paste your login and password from wherever you have them stored or just type them in if your password manager is a post-it.

If Step 1 gets you into the site then you can be sure the problem is not login and password. If you cannot log in that way then fix your login and password.

Step 2: Close TurboTax. 

Step 3: Re-start TurboTax 

Step 4: Go to the download area and start the process. It may ask you to log in the intuit.com to make sure you are authenticated.

Step 5: Login to schwab.com from TurboTax 

Step 6: Select what accounts you want to download data from.

That should do it.

The problem is not TurboTax . The problem has been Schwab.

Try this:

Step 1: Log in to schwab.com with your browser. Do not autofill with a password manager. Copy paste your login and password from wherever you have them stored or just type them in if your password manager is a post-it.

If Step 1 gets you into the site then you can be sure the problem is not login and password. If you cannot log in that way then fix your login and password.

Step 2: Close TurboTax. 

Step 3: Re-start TurboTax 

Step 4: Go to the download area and start the process. It may ask you to log in the intuit.com to make sure you are authenticated.

Step 5: Login to schwab.com from TurboTax 

Step 6: Select what accounts you want to download data from.

That should do it.

It worked for me today on the Mac

Finally worked for me on Windows.

I get a page that says "let's import your info" and lists 3 steps but no box to continue. And that is after doing the Intuit login successfully.

Be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page.

duecefive25
Returning Member

I was able to login to Schwab without issue. However, my year-end file is massive; almost 500 pages. I even get a little summary of the 1099-B, 1099-DIV, and 1099-INT.  When I click on "Import Now," I immediately see "Not Responding" at the top of the program window. Then, it goes away. Then, nothing happens. When I try to open the file, the program says it can't open the file and suggests that I open a back up. 

I've gone through this like 6 times! I'd just settle for a file explaining how to put in the summary because my summary in the 1099 year end is a bit tricky. It has 3 rows and 4 columns including "Wash sale disallowed" I'm not sure how to enter that information into TurboTax summary information.

I finally got it to work.  Just kept trying .  I had the exact same issue

duecefive25
Returning Member

Did you do anything at all different?

Nothing there.

I tried again, and the problem persists. 

Please fix, we need to be able to file our taxes.

For those that had success, are you importing a 1099B form?  I'm able to log into Schwab through TT, but when at the screen for selecting which accounts to import from, the only account there is the "Individual" account. When looking at the Schwab website, my 1099B form is under the "Employer Sponsored Accounts" section, not "Individual". Therefore, when TT is trying to import the 1099B, it's as if it "doesn't see" the form because TT can only see the "Individual" account.  Does anyone else have this issue?

Sorry for the multiple "", I hope my explanation of my issue makes sense. 

I would suggest calling Schwab tech support. I do not think this is a TurboTax issue. You can reach them at ‭[phone number removed]‬

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies