Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

wilhelm1
Returning Member

Charles Schwab tax forms not importing in TurboTax

I TRIED THAT AND IT DID NOT RESOLVE THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don’t use H&R Block.  Doesn’t even give you the option to import Charles Schwab data. Was on the phone with Charles Schwab and H&R Block and it’s a known issue. Working on it but can’t even give me a timeframe as to when it will be fixed. I was thinking of moving over to TurboTax. Very frustrating!

mark-leroux
Returning Member

Changed my Schwab password.  Still same problem.

This is what worked for me:

Step 1: Log in to schwab.com with your browser. Do not autofill with a password manager. Copy paste your login and password from wherever you have them stored or just type them in if you don't have them stored anywhere.

If Step 1 gets you into the site then you can be sure the problem is not login and password. If you cannot log in that way then fix your login and password.

Step 2: Close TurboTax. 

Step 3: Re-start TurboTax 

Step 4: Go to the download area and start the process. It may ask you to log in the intuit.com to make sure you are authenticated.

Step 5: Login to schwab.com from TurboTax 

Step 6: Select what accounts you want to download data from.

That should do it.

M Holcomb
Returning Member

I too tried today, and am not having any success.  Using a Windows version.  I'm sure my login credentials are fine, and restarting TT over (and over and over) helped.  Deep sigh.

I just had to keep trying.  It finally prompted me to enter user name and password.  Took two days of trying.  All other institutions worked fine.  Good luck.  You would think TurboTax would implement a patch

AidenB01

Today is 03/05. I tried the suggested solution, but it won't work now. It looks like the bug is restored. Any other suggestions?

hlkzbill
Returning Member

changing password doesn't work for me.  still "temporarily unavailable".

I am having the same issue and called the TTAX help desk and pretty much wash their hands of the problem indicating that it was a Schwab problem.  They have made changes to the interface this year by forcing one to log into once Intuit account and is not working and they are not taking any ownership of the problem.  

Having the same problem.  They made a change this year by forcing one to log into Intuit before login into Schwab which is not the way it worked before and it not working.  Clearly they did not test the interface adequately aTTAX/Intui are taking no ownership  of the problem.   This is lousy service.

DIW
Level 2

After getting the following message all morning, "Login is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later or call customer support.", I finally got the import to work! The final time I tried, I accidentally put in the wrong user name, got a message that it was incorrect, put in the correct name and password and it worked! Maybe just coincidence . . . but it worked!

PS. It will say the 1099-B is $0 on the import screen but the 1099-B information did actually import into TT. 

It worked for me too!!  Just put in a bogus name and password hit submit.  And then put in a good name and password.  

deduction08
Returning Member

I logged into TurboTax received the same failure messages. Seconds later I logged into Schwab without a problem. Tried TurboTax again no luck. Where is the software update for Turbotax? How about some real support instead of "badges"?!?!

I believe the problems are at Schwab, not TurboTax .

This is a TT issue.  After trying all the above recommendations, I just went in and put in a non existent user ID and password for my Schwab login, and it came back as not valid.  Then I put in my correct user ID and password and it worked.  If you have used TT before, I have a feeling it has a glitch in the system when it has you log into intuit that doesn't allow it to work as it should.  However, by putting in a non existent user ID and password, this seems to clear it out and let you log in as you should.  

I hope this helps.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies