Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Charles Schwab tax forms not importing in TurboTax

3/6/22 I tried the wrong username trick. Did not work.

Closed TT. Opened TT. Import. Logged into Intuit. On TT's Schwab login page I entered bogus un and pw. Immediately got the same error message as when I used my correct Schwab login. "Login is temp unavail. Pls try again later or ..."

40 minutes with Schwab rep who checked w his tech desk. He says IT team knows and working on it.  Since at least Feb 28. Was HRBlock, now TT.  Problem for some users, some no problem. My experience over the past 1-2 weeks is it is intermittent. Few error messages a week ago. No luck past 20 hours.

BLR5
Level 1

Changing the password on my Schwab account did not solve the problem for me.  I have 2,700 or so transactions from 3 separate 1099's to enter and manual entry is not really an option.

I am still unable to import data from Schwab as well. Still getting "temporarily unavailable" message. Anxiety provoking situation here.

I tried this trick of changing password, logging out and re-opening Turbo Tax with no results.  However, since it was a joint account, I still had another account, which I was able to access. (Important that you have Schwab set up to allow third party access.)

However, I could not import the tax information -- the import started and then failed.

Now, if TurboTax could import the xml from Schwab via a file, this would be a good workaround -- however, TurboTax doesn't have that option -- a simple option for them to provide, but not available in the current release of the product.

I'm suspecting the problem is related to this:

https://client.schwab.com/secure/cc/nn/security_tips_popup.html

It's a statement from Schwab about 3rd party access to user account information.  I might be wrong, I might be right.   Read it if you're interested.

deduction08
Returning Member

Not the issue, from the Schwab webpage. Note Intuit has an agreement.

So we are blaming the other guy instead of fixing the issue.

Q: Has Schwab agreed to Data Access terms with any third parties?

A: In 2020, Schwab has communicated, via press release, the successful signing of Data Access Agreements (DAA) with 3 prominent financial technology companies: Envestnet Yodlee, Intuit, and eMoney Advisor. These three companies comprise approximately 70% of data aggregation services used by Schwab clients. Schwab has already provided testing-based access to its API to several data aggregators who have been actively engaged with us to enable adoption of our more secure access method.

M Holcomb
Returning Member

Well, like others in this post, I finally was able to connect.  I don't know what worked -- entering wrong login information, restarting TT, trying at odd times of day, sheer repetition, or what -- but I finally was able to download my info.

I suspect (and this is only a guess), that it's a capacity issue on the Schwab's side.

But TT could have been more helpful.  The vague error message could have been clearer (what went wrong?), the suggestion to contact customer service could have been more specific (TT? Schwab?), and they could have provided a phone number.

When attempting to download my Schwab 1099, TT asks me to login into Intuit.  As soon as I attempt to log in the program totally crashes. Not really interested in changing Password because I don't believe that could be the problem.  Quicken downloads Schwab data just fine. TIA

Yesterday it didn't work.  Today it did, for reasons unknown.

Who says entropy is always negative?

I am now on a different system (still Windows) and it is not working here either. A different error message, but same result. It is not possible to import the tax documents from Schwab.

image.png

Why does Schwab 1099's fail to download in TurboTax Premier? I am very unhappy with this problem. How

can it be solved? [email address removed] 

I tried this approach and still could not import Schwab 1099's.

I am having the same problem with Intuit pop up saying to sign in!!

I suggest you call Schwab tech support. They are at ‭[phone number removed]‬

Spent over 1/2 hour with them.  Had them view my screen and everything. My initial point-of-contact escalated to somebody supposedly competent.   Their suggested work around was to enter the numbers manually. Seriously Intuit????!!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies