Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Charles Schwab tax forms not importing in TurboTax

The TT techs are clueless. I've had calls escalated twice. The first one's fix was to enter Schwab manually. The second one said to make sure that my Schwab account allowed 3rd party access for TT, which it does.

I could be wrong but I believe most all of the problems people are having is because of Schwab, not TurboTax. Schwab technical support is pretty good. You can reach them at ‭[phone number removed]‬ 

I called Schwab and they transferred me directly to TT

I cannot get my Charles Schwab account to import. I have tried changing my password, etc. It still doesn't work. As soon as a push "import" I get into a loop of Intuit login and they basically are asking me to start again with the return. How can I get Intuit out of my way when filing on Turbo Tax.  This is my 6th year of using the program and the first time I have had a problem with importing from a broker.

PS - I don't have a problem getting Edward Jones to import.

TurboTax is owned by Intuit. The requirement to login to Intuit first is an extra layer of security. The various download problems people are having is with Schwab, not with TurboTax.

My problem is that.  When I try to download,  I don't even get a request to enter my Schwab account info. No user name request , no password request.  It is TurboTax. That is the problem. You would think Turbotax would coordinate with Schwab to fix the issue instead of point figures and not taking accountability.   This will be my last year using TT.  

Hello,

I finally got it to work. I had to go through Intuit. Once you log in there, it takes you to Charles Schwab and you have to give your Schwab ID and password to Intuit. Then it finally worked.  I have spent hours on this and I believe that Schwab asked for the extra level of security.  Edward Jones evidently didn't and it worked great!

It is definitely a TTax problem.  I don't even get the request to enter my Schwab login info

Yeah,  I don't have any issues with Bankamerica, Merrill, Fidelity even Robinhood

Next year it is definitely HRBlock

TRY HrBlock next year. Used it a few years ago and it worked fine

Everyone in America is trying to log on at the same time it's jamming the servers.  1099 DIV's have to be out by March 15 so everyone is trying to do the same exact thing servers are crashing left and right.  It doesn't take much at all to shut everything down these days.  Scary.

Just try each one enter the same info on each site and pick the one that issues the biggest refund.  Not one company will come back with the same refund amount.

jackert55

HR Block does not work either, as of 3/14. I think it is due to an extra layer of security on Schwab's end. I just requested a refund for my HR Block software. Not sure what to try next. I definitely do not want to enter it all manually.

COuser
Returning Member

I finally gave up to down loading from 1099s Schwab and entered manually for Federal. It seems like work and gave me the expected results. However I changed my residency state in last year and have some income from previous state and rest of income from the current residency state. When I try to working on states taxes, TT doesn't recognize my income allocation; TT is trying to put all income to one state, the previous state.

Anyone had this problem? or have some idea where I'm doing wrong? (I realized I didn't entered the date for current state's income occurred in Fed tax.) 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies