Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Stovo Ken

e-file error message even after file was accepted

I got the same issue, and it freaked me out. I called the help line and just got off the phone. She confirmed that they were working on it because everyone submitted at the same time. As long as it shows pending, we are good. I told her I don't feel comfortable with the timestamp showing April 16 EDT. I guess we just have to wait and see. I guess I need to stop being lazy and filing a couple of hours before the deadline. Next year, I will do it at a tax office.

Wander1
Returning Member

Thanks for the update! I, too, have to stop filing this late. Although I say that every year. 

PaulaM
Expert Alumni

Your time zone is what the IRS will go by for a timely filed return. 

If you file electronically, the date and time in your time zone when your return is transmitted controls whether your return is filed timely. You will later receive an electronic acknowledgement that the IRS has accepted your electronically filed return.

When, How and Where to File 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
lailie21
Returning Member

So you are saying that even though e-file detail has the EDT timestamp...the IRS will factor in that I am in PDT and mark it as filed timely?

PaulaM
Expert Alumni

Yes. The referenced material in the link from my prior post is from the IRS website.  @lailie21 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Stovo Ken

That was also my question to the rep earlier, and she confirmed that I should be good. I just went back and checked my 2022 return timestamp. I filed super duper late last year, so same scenario. The timestamp was also a the next day in EDT, but it was good. So I believe we are good. My concern is that if TurboTax can't transmit my return to IRS by mid-night in PDT, then what? Is IRS going to accept the return based on the timestamp from TurboTax? They'd better be because before we hit that submit button, TurboTax stated that it was just like dropping the return in the mailbox. So they should honor that timestamp.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies