Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I get to the page to change my 5 digit pin. I went through turbo tax and it wouldn't take me to the page for AGI or self-select pin?

IMy initial e-file return was rejected (ind-031-04). I used AGI value from 2017 in the bland on my 2018 return. I next put in a new 5 digit self-select PIN in that blank on my 2018 return. where is my error? how do I get to that page in Turbo tax to correct? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

How do I get to the page to change my 5 digit pin. I went through turbo tax and it wouldn't take me to the page for AGI or self-select pin?

If the 2017 adjusted gross income (AGI) or self-select PIN you entered for yourself and/or your spouse doesn't match the numbers in the IRS database, you'll get rejected. Please see the TurboTax FAQ below for instructions on how to correct the rejection.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300702

Please see the TurboTax FAQ below for more information on your rejected AGI: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5595742

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im having the same issue, got my agi however have no idea the 5 digit pin. Looked at last years retun and didnt use a pin. Nothing I would use as a pin is working. Very frustrated.

LindaB1993
Expert Alumni

The 5 digit pin are any random numbers that you want it to be.  It does not have to be the same each year.

To enter the 5 digit pin, Select "File" again.  Step 3 will guide you to the last page where you will edit the 5-digit pin.

ormandy

I have lost my record of my 5-digit.  How can I get it reset/replaced?

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

You can view this Turbo Tax FAQ on verification.

What is my signature ID?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/security/help/what-is-my-signature-id/00/27224

Please see this Turbo Tax FAQ on how to find your AGI from last year.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/how-do-i-find-last-year-s-agi/00/25947

ikeredus

What do you mean by "select file again"? 

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

To enter/correct your self select pin or AGI, please follow the instructions in the following TurboTax FAQ: 

I am also attaching a photo of where you can locate the "File" Section which is under My Info before your Upgrade options.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to reply to this thread and we will be happy to help.

@ikeredus

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies