Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dbwlyn17

I submitted return by turbotax 4-1-2021 and thought I put in bank info but payment has not been pulled.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
DanaB27
Expert Alumni

I submitted return by turbotax 4-1-2021 and thought I put in bank info but payment has not been pulled.

There seems to be some delay with the IRS withdrawing the funds. Please be aware that this year you have until May 17th to pay your balance due. Please see When will my tax payment go through? for additional information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have the same issue, but I can't even find inside my on-line TurboTax account or 2020 Federal Tax form what date the withdrawal is supposed to happen.  Where is this information available in my account? And, yes, i should have remembered the date I specified during submission, but didn't expect the software to fail by not showing it to me along with the other tax return detail.

SamS1
Expert Alumni

Open the pdf of all forms and worksheets of your 2020 tax return and look for your Federal filing instructions.  You should see the date and bank information there.   If you need to print a pdf of your return, go to your Tax Home and scroll down to "Your Tax returns and documents".  Select show then select the tax year.  Select "Download/print return".

I downloaded my 2020 forms from three places - from "...your return was accepted!" banner on the login page, from Document tab, and from Download/print (PDF) link in the bottom. From all these places the downloaded PDF includes only forms and schedules. There are worksheets and no summary (like TT used to have until two years ago). Just to double check I did a full PDF word search for "Federal filing" and it came as "no matches were found". There is no bank/payment information when clicking on View your efile details. So where else to look?

@capybarus wrote:

I downloaded my 2020 forms from three places - from "...your return was accepted!" banner on the login page, from Document tab, and from Download/print (PDF) link in the bottom. From all these places the downloaded PDF includes only forms and schedules. There are worksheets and no summary (like TT used to have until two years ago). Just to double check I did a full PDF word search for "Federal filing" and it came as "no matches were found". There is no bank/payment information when clicking on View your efile details. So where else to look?

How you chose to pay the federal taxes owed and the date selected for payment will be on the Filing Instructions page and on the Federal Information Worksheet in Part V.  Use Print Center and the option for all worksheet for these pages.

To access your current year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2020 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

I am sorry DoninGA, it doesn't work. I was able to get to Print Center, but then clicking Print, save, or preview results in Pay Now or Pay Later screen. I already paid and filed Federal. I think the system wants me to pay for State that I don't want and don't need to do through TT. I tried clicking Pay Later and it kicks me out of the Print Center to the start of the Federal return. Any ideas? Gosh... it should NOT be that difficult to find tax payment date...

@capybarus Have you tried to delete the state tax return?  Not sure if you can now since the federal return has been filed but you can give it a shot.

Go back to the 2020 return using the procedure I showed.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for deleting a state tax return - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-delete-my-state-return-in-turbotax-on...

Hi, DoninGA - you are the best! THANK you for your patience and helping me through this. Now I have been able to delete the unwanted state. I was then able to go back to Print Center and download extended tax package with supplemental instructions. I was able to locate payment date. It now makes sense why I haven't seen the withdrawal yet.

Thank you!!! I was having the same problem.  Could not print FED worksheets because I didn't file or pay for STATE return.  Will try deleting State!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies