Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I try to import financial data for a second person, TurboTax does not ask me for another login name (and password). How do I get TurboTax to forget the first user?

I exited TurboTax and restarted. TurboTax still remembers the previous username and password for the financial institution.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
HelenC12
Expert Alumni

If I try to import financial data for a second person, TurboTax does not ask me for another login name (and password). How do I get TurboTax to forget the first user?

You need your financial data so you can report the information on your income tax return(s). 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

That did not work.

I cleared all of cache in my browser and deleted the cookies for Intuit.

TurboTax/Intuit still would import financial date for the first username.

I had to enter the IRA distribution manually for the other spouse.

"I had to enter the IRA distribution manually for the other spouse."

OK

TurboTax does not handle your situation very well when both spouses use the same financial institution.

@jess_barmatz 

I did the same still have the same problem. Cleared cache and the intuit cookies. Must have the credentials stored somewhere else.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the workaround here for more than one login with the bank. @mwnahas 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies