turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Irs2go says info does not match, info put in is indeed correct. Any Insight?

I am also getting the information doesn't match error, have been checking the tracker via app every Monday and Friday morning since the end of January with no issues, now it says information doesn't match on both the website and mobile app. 

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

If you were able to see it without issue prior to today, it sounds like it is just a temporary issue with the system and not a cause for alarm.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Ape2
Level 2

It keeps saying on the irs2go that my information does not match , I filed with TurboTax and on 2/17/20 it was accepted it’s now 2/25/20 and still the irs2go app is not giving me any information as to it being processed, or anything wont even be recognized.

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@Ape2   Be sure when checking Where’s My Federal Refund? site that you are entering only your Federal refund amount. This can be found on your Federal form 1040, line 21a. If you paid any fees out of your federal refund, use the refund figure prior to the deduction of he fees. Also if you filed joint, be sure to enter the filers name that appears first on the return.

Did you ever get refund??

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

If you were able to see your refund status before, but can't now, it could mean that the Where's My Refund? system is overwhelmed.  Try checking your refund status via the IRS Refund Hotline:  (800) 829-1954.

I was able to get logged in again finally. 

I’ve been accepted through both but now I can’t login to its 2 go to see my status . I put everything in correct but it still won’t go through 

How long did it take

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

You can also try calling the WMR automated hotline: 1-800-829-1954 or visit the IRS website.    

IRS does not take calls now. I have the exact same problem except I e filed 3-04-2020 and they have withdrawn my taxes due from my bank account but now say the info I entered is incorrect and they don’t recognize me.

My federal 1040 doesn't have a 21a. Just 21 and itS blank. I'm inputting the amount of federal return that's on my turbo Tax home page and it Still say info doesn't match

@supermommys4 wrote:

My federal 1040 doesn't have a 21a. Just 21 and itS blank. I'm inputting the amount of federal return that's on my turbo Tax home page and it Still say info doesn't match

Be careful when you read old threads in this forum.  Some threads have information that was valid back then but no longer current.   This thread is a year old.    You're responding to a posting from 1/27/20, which was addressing a 2019 return.  The Form 1040 for 2020 is quite a bit different from the Form 1040 for a 2019 return.   I'll tell you how to find the Federal refund amount below.

You didn't mention it, but first be sure your Federal return was accepted.  You can double-check by logging into your Online account and looking at the Tax Home.

TurboTax sometimes displays a confusing figure that is a "total refund"; i.e., the sum of the Federal refund and any state refund.  Be sure you are not using any figure that takes into account a sum of the Federal and state refund (or taxes due) ; i.e., be sure that you are not using a net refund or total refund.   That's why I always say to only go by the Federal refund amount shown on the actual return, as follows:

For a 2020 return, the correct Federal refund amount to enter in the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool is on your Form 1040, Line 35a.    Also be sure you are using the correct SSN and filing status.

Some users have reported that the IRS Refund Hotline has found their info even when the "Where's My Refund" tool didn't.  800-829-1954   (again using the refund amount from Form 1040, Line 35a.)

AP72
Level 1

Mine too says the same thing and I filed on 2/9/21 and it was acted 2/12/21. The IRS2Go app even said processing and now it says information don’t match. Please reenter your information. It is very much correct and I did hit submit. 

Mine is saying the same thing.....any answers?????

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies