Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

NYS IT204-LL

Has anyone been able to submit the NYS filing fee form IT204-LL  and payment?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

23 Replies
Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

NYS IT204-LL

This does seem to be happening this morning to a few customers. In order for us to send it up the ladder to be looked at, we must include a diagnostic copy from a customer experiencing the issue.  So if you would be able to send us the token number we can send the issue to be looked at. 

You can do this by taking the following steps:

• TurboTax Online
  • Tools
  • Tax Tools
  • Share My File with Agent
  • then note the token number and respond to me with the number

TurboTax Desktop

• Send Tax File to Agent
  • Send
  • Then respond with the token number to this message
  • The diagnostic copy does not include any of your personal info, it just includes numbers and forms so we can help solve the issue.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

NYS IT204-LL

The form is not included in Turbo Tax Business (NYS) software.  There is a link in the software that takes you to the intuit site where you can complete the form and make the payment.  The following screens shots are from the Turbo Tax Business software and the Intuit site.

Will I be able to complete the IT204-LL form, submit it and make payment before March 15th? I've been able to do this in past years. 

turbo tax 1.pngturbo tax 2.pngturbo tax 3.png

NYS IT204-LL

I get these same screens saying the 204-LL filing is not available when it takes you to the online software.

Also see no 204-LL form in the desktop software so no way to file it there.

I remember Turbo tax had major issues with this form last year and we had to re-file the payments in May of 2023 because payments weren't transmitted properly by Turbo Tax in March.  So seems like Turbo tax has issues with this form although everything seemed to work fine in 2022.

These payments are due March 15th.  It's frustrating as I've been holding off on even e-filing my partnership returns until this gets sorted.  I'll give it another week or so  I guess.  If I have to, I'll just mail in the 204-LL form with payment and attach a statement saying Turbo Ta was unable to e-file the payment at the time of preparation.  I'm sure NYS won't be happy though as they want this form and payment e-filed.

It's a shame Turbo tax can't just incorporate these LLC fees into the main Partnership module and make it much simpler.  And these LLC fees have been around for many years and are not something new....not sure why Turbo Tax doesn't have the process down by now.

NYS IT204-LL

I keep trying every single day, but it keeps saying this form filing isnt available

NYS IT204-LL

I think I'm just going to manually do the 204-LL and mail payment.  I'll attach a statement saying Turbo Tax didn't have the filing available at the time of filing on March 5th.

It's just not acceptable that Turbo Tax doesn't have this available at this point with the payment due date almost a week away now.

And even if they get it working, odds are it won't work correctly just like last year since they're clearly having issues and probably rushing it at the last minute.

So my suggestion is just to mail the form and payment, print out the page that says filing not available and put a note on it saying that Turbo Tax isn't able to handle these payments as of the date it was filed.

NYS IT204-LL

I just checked this morning and filing the IT204-LL is now available thru the link in the Turbo Tax business software.  I used it to file my IT204-LL but I will keep all email confirming the filing, in case there is a problem.

NYS IT204-LL

Also noticed it's now available and was coming here to post 🙂

I had done my forms manually yesterday and was just going to finalize and do payments today so just in the nick of time.

Sure wish Turbo Tax would get this stuff done earlier and not push it until the last week.  These payments have been around a long time so it's not like it's something new.

ND207
Returning Member

NYS IT204-LL

Where is the link for the IT-204-LL . . . first time TurboTax user and cannot find it.  Do you file IT-204-LL with the IT-204?  Thanks! 

NYS IT204-LL

This seems to be finally working now. I was able to use the link in Turbotax Business to go to the Intuit website and make the IT-204-LL filing payment.

NYS IT204-LL

in the step by step version, click on top by "SHOW TOPIC LIST". scroll down until you see the NYS tax parntership, and click on it. it will kick you out of the 'SHOW TOPIC LIST". go back in and scroll down , you will see the IT-204-LL active on the NYS partnership return

ND207
Returning Member

NYS IT204-LL

Thanks!

Miminy

NYS IT204-LL

I don't see the form it 204 ll  listed.

Is there another way to get the link?

LindaS5247
Expert Alumni

NYS IT204-LL

Form IT-204-LL is showing as being available and some users are reporting to be using it.  

Please make sure you are using the latest version of the program and that you run all updates to the program when you log on.

If you are using TurboTax Online, open the program and select "Check for Updates" from the Online menu near the top.

If you are using a  Mac, leave and reopen TurboTax. If there are any updates, you'll be prompted to download them.

Helpful Troubleshooting Tips:

• Use a wired, high-speed connection when updating. This will be more time-efficient and minimize data corruption.
  • Try again if  your connection drops in the middle of the update. It should pick up where it left off.
  • If you're having issues updating, try a manual update.

Click here for instructions on doing a manual update.

Logging out of TurboTax and back in, changing browsers, or clearing your cache and cookies also often helps. 

Click here for instructions on clearing your cache.

Click here for instructions in deleting your cookies.

Please feel free to come back to TurboTax Community with additional information or questions or click here for help in contacting Turbo Tax Support. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mcnewyork

NYS IT204-LL

I filed my Fed and State taxes on 3/9/24, and I wasn't able to complete the IT-204LL payment flow; I got to the very end and got a "Hit a snag/You can try again, or go to the New York State Tax Department website" prompt.

I finished filing my taxes thinking I could go to the NYS website before 3/15 due date after, but the website just tells me how I should be e-filing this form, and if I don't e-file I could incur penalty.

I called support twice already. The first time they told to try paying through the NYS website, which is not possible. Then second time, they told about downloading Turbotax desktop version to file this form, and that I would then be refunded, but it seems like I can't download it to my Mac. 

I need to e-file this form and pay the $25 fee.  I've already filed my state taxes and they've been accepted. What am I supposed to do? Please help!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies