Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Official COVID-19 (Coronavirus) stimulus payment thread

Question: instead of depositing my stimulus check onto the TurboTax card from my 2019 return, the IRS deposited it onto the card I received from my 2017 return. I no longer have that card. Can’t get through to anyone. How can I recover the funds?

I got my refund on a new turbo card, and got the filing fees taken out of the refund, and did the advance, since they were offering a deal of free advances if you get it on their card.  Right now I cannot get into the turbo card app or site, and the IRS stimulus portal says they don't have my direct deposit info, even though the turbo card account and routing number are on my tax return documents.  So I went ahead and updated my direct deposit info on the IRS portal.  So if you did the filing fees, advance, and refund all through turbo card, you probably aren't getting the payment automatically, you'll have to go enter a real bank info into the IRS site.

Does anyone know many stimulus checks will people get?

As of right now, it's just one. There is legislation in the House of Representatives right now to make it a monthly stimulus of $2000. It would be nice until this thing is over, but I wouldn't look for it to pass the Senate.

https://www.wifr.com/content/news/Proposed-house-bill-calls-for-some-Americans-to-get-a-monthly-2000...

@freediverdude Same here. I had to put my info in this morning. I'm wondering WHY.

Yeah. No comment... but I agree, that would really help a lot of people. But I don't think the Senate would approve that kind of stimulus. 

@Dannyblaze420  Call the bank that issued that card. If the account is just completely closed, I believe the deposit $ is returned. If it's still open and you just have a different card, the bank will know, and automatically add it to the correct account. 

akban131

Can anyone verify if they got their deposit on their TT card.. today when I looked at the IRS it said it was sent to my account but the bank account was the last formurnof my SSN number.. i did pay for my filing fees with my credit card but did get the advance. I'm so confused right now.

I am a student who was claimed by her parents on her 2018 tax return. My situation has changed and on my 2019 taxes I claimed myself. Will I get the stimulus check? They look on your 2018 or 2019 taxes and I just filed today. 

akban131

Your not the only one. Its driving me crazy trying to figure out where it went. I don't have an account with the last 4 of my social. Ugh

M31
Level 1

Mine won’t give me an option to update or give me an amount just says April 15 for direct deposit into an account ending in the last four of my social. I used turbo debit card for my refund. 

M31
Level 1

The deposit for the stimulus went to you turbo debit card?  Mine says the same last four of ssn but no option to update info or amount of refund @VashtiWilson30 

Your situation is exactly like mine. IRS portal said it needed my dd information. Glad I checked. 

The “bank” is TurboTax card through green dot. 

I just called the turbo card number and it says they know there are problems with the stimulus payment and are working on it. Thats why they are down right now i guess.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies