Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

On my 2021 tax return Schedule C Line 25 it shows $5841. Should have only shown $2160. Why is the amount different?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Cindy4
Employee Tax Expert

On my 2021 tax return Schedule C Line 25 it shows $5841. Should have only shown $2160. Why is the amount different?

Hi @clendennings !

Schedule C line 25 is for utilities.  I would re-visit my entry for my expenses.  It's possible that something was entered in as utilities that belongs on another line.  To re-visit this section just go to the Wages & Income section and open up the Self-Employment section.  The income and expenses will both show and you can select the expenses and review the entries.

Hope this helps!

Cindy

**Please say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up icon in a post
***Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on the "Mark as Best Answer"

Communication and Utilities go to schedule C line 25 even though they are split out separately in the interview steps.   I enter $100 under Communications and $200 under Utilities and $300 showed up on Schedule C line 25 Utilities.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies